Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Gathering Courage

Well, here I am. On the verge of doing something monumental - if not for the world, at least for me.

I have always been a writer. Ever since I was a little kid, I scribbled in my mother's left over 70 page journals and those marble composition notebooks at school. When I got older, I started typing out stories on the computer. At 17, I published my first novel online: look up my name (Rae D. Magdon) on www.xenafiction.net or www.academyofbards.com.

And now... it is time.

My goal: To publish my first novel - The Second Sister.

In case you are interested, here's the summary:

In a kingdom where magic is feared, the orphaned Ellie is put to work by her sadistic elder stepsister, Luciana, and is cheated out of her inheritance. With the help of a talking cat, a horse, a stableman, a cook, two servants, and especially her beautiful second stepsister, Belladonna, Ellie must stop Luciana from using an ancient sorcerer's chain to bewitch Prince Brendan and take over the Kingdom of Seria. You have never seen a Cinderella story this sexy before...

My target: Bold Strokes. One of my favorite publishing companies of all time, and extremely lesbian friendly.

In time, I hope that this blog will become something of a guide for other authors who are following the same treacherous, but rewarding path to publication. But now, in this moment, it's just a place to get my feelings out. I'm nervous as hell. My hands are shaking, and I'm scared just at the thought of sending my baby in to be judged by nameless, faceless people on the internet.

I can do this. I just have to keep telling myself that. I can do this... right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment