Thursday, July 15, 2010

Who Do You Write Like?

Apparently, I write like Shakespeare and Stephenie Meyer... I'm not sure whether to be thrilled or terrified. I am contemplating ritual suicide... (for Meyer, not Shakespeare).

Have no idea what I'm talking about? Check out: http://iwl.me/


It's a website that lets you input text that you have written so that it can compare your writing style to those of several different authors. Now, I know this is all a bunch of smoke and mirrors, but I figured it'd be fun. When I entered in 'The Witch's Daughter', my latest project, the website told me that I wrote like... *gasp*... Stephenie Meyer! THE HORROR

... So I inputted The Second Sister and got William Shakespeare.

In case you were wondering:

Chopin at 3:00 in the Morning got Chuck Palahniuk.

Death Wears Yellow Garters got Dan Brown

My Name Is Brianna got Stephen King

Wolf's Eyes got JK Rowling


I guess this means my writing style is versatile? Oh well... I just hope my newest novel isn't REALLY close to Stephenie Meyer's frightening body of work...



I write like
Stephenie Meyer

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!


3 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh God... Stephenie Meyer. Don't get me started. The rest don't sound bad! I've never heard of this Chuck character though... By the way, I was watching SVU last night. Thanks a lot. You know what you did.

Brenda Agaro said...

Oooh, that sounds like fun. I'll definitely try it when I get the chance. :3

I personally don't like Meyer either. But I won't judge just because of a text analyzer. You're a wise person when it comes to writing, so don't panic.

Unknown said...

From the half-chapter I gave it, apparently I write like Ursula K. LeGuin.

I only wish it were true! :P

Post a Comment